I pondered for a few moments before realizing there’s no way I could pick just one. I mean really. One beer. For. The. Rest. Of. My. Life. That’s like asking you to eat the same meal, 3 times a day for the rest of your life. Or a fashionista to only wear one outfit. Ain’t gonna happen. No way. Can’t do it. And I hate to call you a fool, but if you can pick just one, you’re a fool (or you just haven’t had that many tasty beers).
Since I missed posting last week (I’d like to use classic blogger excuse number 1, “life got in the way”), I present to you the 5 beers that I absolutely, positively could not live without.
- Alaskan Brewing Company’s IPA. For one, it’s hoppy and tasty. For two, you’re probably going to be sweating your ass off on that deserted island, you might as well close your eyes and imagine landscapes blanketed by snow.
- How does a Rogue Ale Chocolate Stout sound for breakfast? It's dark, chocolatey, and goes great with all those coconuts you'll be supplementing your diet with.
- A New England native brew, Allagash White. I already reviewed this one, so you should know it's one of my favorites already, and perfect for hot and steamy summer (or deserted island) days.
- No true New England girl would pass up a Sam Adams Summer Ale. It's light and refreshing, and highly rewarding after you're finished building a hut out of palm fronds.
- A desert island list of brews wouldn’t be complete without a fruity beer (after all, you need those vitamins to keep up your strength). Number 5 is UFO Raspberry Hefeweizen by Harpoon Brewery. Light, refreshing, with a hint of raspberry.